About Jeymar Soap & Body
We are a family owned and run business (we’re Richard, Jenny, Liam and Megan). We are incredibly fortunate to live and work in Wairau Valley, this is located in Marlborough, at the top of the South Island. We are in one of the most beautiful areas of New Zealand and also the largest wine growing region. Our business is run from premises on our five acre home property, based in a piece of rural heartland New Zealand, beside the banks of the Wairau River which is the longest untouched braided river in the country.
We set up Jeymar in early 1998 around the time of the arrival of our two children. In those early days everything was done in the home kitchen, but we have progressed from there over the years to a special manufacturing facility plus a shop on the premises.
Richard is the Deputy in charge of the local Volunteer Fire Brigade, whilst Jenny also does Art, and enjoys Camping and Tramping. On our small block we run free range chickens and a few organic cattle.
Learn more by watching the video or listen to our recent interview on National Radio by clicking the play button on the player below.
To run a profitable business that creates a unique, natural, environmentally friendly superior quality body and bathing experience for our customers that gives them delight.
Our Environmental Practices:
- We are totally self sufficient in hot water, using both solar and wetback from log burner. This runs both the house and business.
- All heating is done from wood which is sourced within a few km of our base, from locally grown trees (sustainably managed), so is carbon neutral.
- All soap wastage and trimmings are re-used as laundry detergent.
- We have virtually no discharge to water, any discharge (e.g. rinsing equipment) is managed by our own waste management plant on the property.
- Zero discharge to atmosphere.
- All of our packaging e.g. boxes, shredded paper, other filling material is re-used, we have local businesses collecting their unwanted boxes and tissue which we use to fill with our orders.
- An unofficial measure of our carbon footprint for the house and business combined is approximately half the size of our property (this includes livestock, pets and vehicles).
- Waste and rubbish – we produce only one council rubbish bag every 2-3 weeks from the house and business which consists mainly of non-recyclable plastics ( all recyclable plastic, glass and metal gets sorted for recycling).
- All food waste goes to hens, cattle and compost.
“We are thrilled to have found Jeymar Soap & Body. Our guests have nothing but high praise for the extensive range of Jeymar products we offer them during their stay. The smells are heavenly, they look expensive and our guests cannot get enough of them. Thank you Jenny and Richard, your service is amazing. It is wonderful to finally find something that is so exceptionally high in quality.” Jo and Steve Hill, Hillsfield House, Renwick, Marlborough.
“I know of your product from a stay at The Village Lake Apartments in Hanmer Springs. I have used the little comlimentary bottle (that I brought home with me from my stay) on my baby’s hair. It is all I have used for her since she was born, I have four daughters and she is the only one who has not developed cradle cap! I’m very sure that it is because of your product. So a BIG thank you! What a great shampoo you’ve made! (and that tiny 65ml bottle has lasted me 4 months! It lathers so well!)”
Rachel, Te Puke